Why publish your article with MusAu?
- Your article appears in one of the most innovative online music journals.
- You benefit from inline comments referring to specific passages of your text.
- You benefit from the opportunity to maintain and update your article.
- ensures the highest scholarly standards and international visibility.
- sets no technical limitations with regard to the length of an article.
- encourages attachments of any file format, such as graphics, videos, or music files. For security reasons, we do not accept active scripts inserted in our articles. We appreciate hyperlinks to your online sources.
- does not charge any fees for publication.
- You do not have to be a member of the Austrian Society for Musicology (ÖGMW). However, we would be happy if you considered becoming a member.
- Submitting an article and having it published is free of charge. Nevertheless, we are happy to receive voluntary donations.
- Note for non-native speakers of English: If the article you submit turns out to require extensive language proofreading (preceding a possible publication) we may offer you a paid service. However, this service is not mandatory.
- We particularly appreciate innovative approaches in the technical form of presentation. Feel free to contact the editors if you have any questions or suggestions.
- We encourage proposals for topical special issues, edited by volume editor(s) in collaboration with the MusAu editorial team. Contact the editors via email to get the process started. Please check the Instructions for Authors for further information.
- Double-blind peer reviews: Both authors and reviewers remain anonymous during the review procedure. Authors are asked to not enable a reviewer to draw any conclusions about their name/authorship in the text.
Before you submit an article, be sure to comply with open access and with our publication ethics! See our Editorial Principles for further information.
What is the procedure?
- Sign in (for free) and get your name verified. Authors have to be verified in order to prevent ghost authorship.
- Submit your text and supplemental research material (if any) via email to start the review process, including an abstract, five to ten topical keywords, and a cover picture for your article.
- Please adhere to our submission guidelines. Check the Instructions for Authors page for further information.
- Authors are welcome to suggest up to three suitable scholars as referees and may also request the exclusion of up to three researchers. These requests will be taken into consideration. However, the editors' decision on the choice of referees is final.
- Your article will then undergo a (double-blind) peer review. Please read and answer any comments made by a reviewer or editor. Please check the Peer-Review Procedure page for further information.
- If your article is accepted for publication, it will be proof-read and typeset by the editorial team. You will be able to view the final online draft prior to publication.
- Any verified user is allowed to post a comment on your article. You may reply at any time. New comments are displayed on the publicly available article page, on your personal Dashboard page, and on the corresponding article entry on your My Articles page.
- If you like, you may develop your article further at any time. However, your updates will not be accepted for publication until 4 weeks from the original publication date of the article. Any further updates will be accepted at intervals of 3 months. At the request of the editors, substantial updates can result in a new peer review.